1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

"hide it pro" lost my picsSupport

1. gvaccaro101

gvaccaro101 New Member

So i upgraded to a Samsung GS3 from an evo 3D. I have "hide it pro" and when i got the gs3 it gave me the option to hide multiple pics at once in stead of 75 pics one at a time. BUT when i did so... i lost all my favorite pics! i have emailed the developer twice and got no response. can somebody suggest what to do? i know they are on my card somewhere right? i even have some pics with the file format " .wbl " that are in there and cant open them. i have tried everything. hooking it up to my pc and downloading file converters and all.... NOTHING HAS WORKED. WHAT DO I DO?

Advertisement
    :
  2. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

I think these sorts of programs generally work in one of two ways. One is by changing the file extension from .jpg to something the phone software doesn't recognize (like .wbl?), or by adding a new extension to the end of the original file. So a photo named X12345.jpg becomes X12345.wbl, or X12345.jpg.wbl.

The other method is to prefix the file name with a '.', which Android treats as a hidden file.

I'd start by renaming one of your "wbl" files to have a .jpg extension, and see if that solves your problem. If not, use a file manager like Astro to look for any hidden files in your photo directories.

Either that, or don't keep photos of your multiple girlfriends on your phone. ;)