• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hide / organise pictures? (Legend)?

Use Astro file manager. Put the photos you want "hidden" in their own directory and rename it with a "." in front of it. Android then sees this as a system file and won't show the images in the Photo/Gallery app.

Eg:

SDcard\Photos\set1 <- visible
SDcard\Photos\set2 <- visible
SDcard\Photos\set2\cropped <- visible
SDcard\Photos\.private\set4 <- not visible
SDcard\Photos\.private\set5 <- not visible

Reactions: gingerman74
Upvote 0
And if I want to view the pics that are hidden?

In "Photos" will pics in Set1 be shown as an own folder and "Set2" as another folder etc?

/Jocce

Use Astro file manager. Put the photos you want "hidden" in their own directory and rename it with a "." in front of it. Android then sees this as a system file and won't show the images in the Photo/Gallery app.

Eg:

SDcard\Photos\set1 <- visible
SDcard\Photos\set2 <- visible
SDcard\Photos\set2\cropped <- visible
SDcard\Photos\.private\set4 <- not visible
SDcard\Photos\.private\set5 <- not visible

Upvote 0
And if I want to view the pics that are hidden?

In "Photos" will pics in Set1 be shown as an own folder and "Set2" as another folder etc?

/Jocce

Astro is a free app, I don't know why you can't find it. Just do a market search for "File manager". You'll need to view the hidden pics from the file manager. In "Photos", yes Set1 and and Set2 will be in their own folders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones