• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hide photos from Gallery app but not from Music player

Droid421

Nov 6, 2009
When I open my gallery to look at the actual photos I have taken, I have about 50 other "picture" folders showing up that are really music folders that just happen to have album art in them.

I DO NOT want to use the .nomedia or ".foldername" method because then my music player will not see and be able to display the album art. I just want the Gallery app to ignore pictures in the music folder. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

When I open my gallery to look at the actual photos I have taken, I have about 50 other "picture" folders showing up that are really music folders that just happen to have album art in them.

I DO NOT want to use the .nomedia or ".foldername" method because then my music player will not see and be able to display the album art. I just want the Gallery app to ignore pictures in the music folder. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

http://androidforums.com/android-news-talk/64131-stop-album-art-being-visible-photo-app.html

Looks like the only real option is to embed the image art into the mp3s.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones