1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Hide Sms notification from status bar

1. isap

isap New Member

Hi guys,

im using gingerbread 2.3.4. Thing is i would like my status bar not to show alerts/contents of incoming text messages. I know there is an option for disabling notification but it kills the sound alert too.

Thing is i have a little nephew who sometimes spends Saturday afternoons with me and he loves to play the games. Iv got my messages locked by an app but the status bar still shows the message contents. So i got a text message today that had only the F- word in it. He read the status bar and picked up that word. He asked me what it meant and my insistence to leave it only made it worse. And now he remembers it.My sister is pretty pissed off at me. So i dont want to increase his vocabulary bank any further.

Anyone can help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome aboard. What device model do you have ?? This would be much appreciated to assist you. &#12471;
    isap likes this.
  3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I am not sure with stock messaging apps, but if you download a replacement sms app like GoSMS (the one that I prefer, but there are others) you will have the option of hiding message content in the status bar.

After you install the new SMS app, just disable notifications in the stock app or you will get double notifications for every sms.
    isap likes this.