Hide your apps

Last Updated:

1. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

I've seen apps that hide pics and such, and I know Launcher Pro can hide your unused apps from the drawer. But is there an app like Photovault that can hide apps and create gestures or something to access them? I'm not talking about using passwords through another visible app, more like an invisible service that can make certain apps invisible.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If I get your question right, you want to hide the app and be able to launch it with a gesture, rather than a visible icon.

You can do that with LauncherPro ... sort of. Hide the app using menu>preferences>general settings>hidden apps and once you've got the apps hidden from the app drawer, then go to any icon in the dock and long-press it. Choose swipe gesture action>launch application. Then choose the hidden app you want launched. If you tap the dock icon, the app that it represents will launch, but if you swipe it, the hidden app will launch.
  3. mdevitre

mdevitre Member

Your instructions make me want to change launchers. I have ADW and wonder if there is a corresponding way to do what you describe for LauncherPro.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

LauncherPro does have some nice features, but my day-to-day preference in Launchers is still ADW. Some people prefer GO Launcher. That is the beauty of Android, so many choices. Of course, some would describe it as fragmentation ;)
  5. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

I thought of that. My only issue is if someone picks up my phone and accidentally swipes and the app still launches. I've done it before.
  6. spottierpython

spottierpython New Member

You can use "Hide it". It will be installed on device like an audio manager but it will hide ur apps from drawer which can be launched by this app after providing the credentials you set for app.
    oOMavrikOo likes this.
  7. nath0507

nath0507 New Member

Can you tell we a few apps that can hide apps using passwords through another visible app, i had one but accidentally deleted and i have been trying to reinstall but dont remember ther name