Hiding Apps WITHOUT Root & LauncherPro

1. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

I looked through the forums and I can't find anything to address my problem. I want to hide all the AT&T bloatware that is on my captivate and I've tried using LauncherPro but I like the layout of the default homescreen and apps page that came originally with the phone. My phone is no rooted and I dont want to root it either. My question is, is there a way to hide apps/bloatware without rooting my phone and have it still look like the stock phone? I like the default horizontal swiping of the apps list. I also would prefer that the process used is free...so freezing them with titanium backup wouldnt count....

Advertisement
    :
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Nope, sorry. You know your options, so you just need to choose.
  3. culdbbi

culdbbi New Member

You could try ADWLauncher, its still not the stock TWLauncher, but it has the horizontal setup in the app drawer, but you can set up a group and exclude the AT&T apps, so when you tap the app drawer you don't see them. Plus you can get some cool themes for ADW
  4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

You can also use Smart Taskbar to group your apps into categories. If you don't add the bloatware into any of the groups, you effectively hide them.

I love Smart Taskbar. I can get to any app from any screen (even in-app) without first going back to a homescreen. Free version also includes a nice task switcher.
  5. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

I just made folders on a screen by category, didnt have to install anything. I grouped my commonly used apps there.