• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hiding Apps WITHOUT Root & LauncherPro

iffrett

Nov 30, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I looked through the forums and I can't find anything to address my problem. I want to hide all the AT&T bloatware that is on my captivate and I've tried using LauncherPro but I like the layout of the default homescreen and apps page that came originally with the phone. My phone is no rooted and I dont want to root it either. My question is, is there a way to hide apps/bloatware without rooting my phone and have it still look like the stock phone? I like the default horizontal swiping of the apps list. I also would prefer that the process used is free...so freezing them with titanium backup wouldnt count....

You can also use Smart Taskbar to group your apps into categories. If you don't add the bloatware into any of the groups, you effectively hide them.

I love Smart Taskbar. I can get to any app from any screen (even in-app) without first going back to a homescreen. Free version also includes a nice task switcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones