• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hiding Notification Bar in WidgetLocker

Stang70Fastback

Jul 31, 2010
I can't seem to find a single other person who has had this issue on the entire internet, so it must be just me. I installed WidgetLocker to replace the stock lock screen. Managed to get everything working perfectly, EXCEPT that even after checking the options to hide the notification bar, and to prevent it from being opened... it doesn't work. From the lock screen, I can still swipe down to show the notification bar, and then swipe down again to open it.

Does anyone know of a solution for this?

It wasn't in the root section, and didn't have any "needs root" in the description, so I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Sometimes it seems like it's trying, as the notification bar will only come partly down. Same with the other option, to hide the menu that comes up when you long press the power button. Sometimes it comes up, other times it doesn't. It's like WidgetLocker is fighting with some other service and losing 90% of the battles.

Upvote 0
Well, it turns out Widget Locker kind of sucks on the Note 3 at least. Not only can it not block the Notification Bar, but it also is unable to block the Multi-View panel on the left side of the screen if you hold the back button, which then allows you to open any of those apps, nor can it block the user from entering S Finder by holding the menu button.

I'm sure it's not Widget Locker's fault so much as Samsung's good design at making sure their panels and such appear on top of every other program, as they should... just kind of sucks for Widget Locker, lol.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a customizable lock screen that does not have these issues? My goal was to have a completely blank lock screen, with just my Live Wallpaper and a hidden, invisible unlock slider, which is what I have now, but it doesn't do that great of a job of securing the phone (I know my "hidden slider" isn't that secure, but it's enough to keep people confused for a little while.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones