Hiding Text MessagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. mikeman84

mikeman84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Was wondering if there was a way to prevent text messages from certain people from populating the default messaging application for the Incredible. I realize that Handcent does this, but I am not the biggest fan of this on the Incredible, I really did enjoy it on the Droid though.

On the topic of Handcent's blacklist, does this block text messages from people on the blacklist or does it just hide them?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there is no way to "blacklist" with the native messaging app. I agree with you about Handcent, I am not a big fan.

Chomp offers blacklisting as well and it only hides the txt from a blacklisted contact. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and with the new widget, I am liking it even more.

Can't hurt to give it a try. ;)

3. mikeman84

mikeman84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So how do you retrieve the text in Chomp when someone that is a blacklist contact does text you?

4. jayjay1122

Under the blacklist menu is the option to "un-hide" blacklisted SMS so you can read and respond...

Not that I do this (;)) but I would keep them unhidden until I put my phone down and walk away, then I just hide them again til I pick my phone back up.

That is of course if I was gonna hide txts!

5. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

Sweet. But just out of curiosity, what do you guys not like about handcent, or like about chomp over handcent? Came from a bb so new to droid platform and apps.

Glenn

6. jayjay1122

I just don't like Handcent cause it force closed a LOT! Functionality wise they all do the same thing but with the Widget from Chomp now its just better IMO...

7. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

I downloaded Chomp and am checking it out, but one thing I noticed was that you can't do voice to text with it if you use Swype. Handcent/swype combo gives you vtt back with menu button.

Not slamming Chomp, just and observation if vtt is important to people.

8. mister_tu

mister_tu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Haha...don't worry, I know exactly what you're talking about.

9. malunahe

malunahe Member

The thing is, you have to use another program besides the native stock messenger in order to hide text messages. The loop hole is that no matter what other program you use, it is still possible to see hidden text messages by opening up your contact list. You can see each and every message sent and received. Unless you download some other program which protects your contacts. With so many extra programs I need it's a no wonder my phone is Sooooo slow!

10. manas.gajare

manas.gajare Member

viminda likes this.