Hiding the navbar buttons

1. I luv trolling

I luv trolling Well-Known Member

most would say the buttons on the nexus 7 are signature and thats because they are. Sadly, during certain activities such as web browsing and gaming they can be a bit intrusive. Ive tried disabling it andusing alternatives such as button savior and sudebar but neither is nesrly as practical as the navbar. Im not necessarily looking to get rid of the navbar but looking for a way to make it so that the buttons are always in that little orb shape unless touched. This is a much more elegant design than what it currently is in my opinion. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. I luv trolling

Bump?
  3. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

If your running a custom ROM that has pie controls, you can simply hold the power button until the power menu pops up and expand desktop , that will hide the soft keys and probably the status bar, I have mines on hide status bar and soft keys when I hit the expand desktop option.
    I luv trolling likes this.
  4. I luv trolling

Wow didnt realize I had such a handy tool lying around. I always assumed expanded desktop did nothing more than hide my status bar and had no clue what pie controls were (tbh never really cared) this is definitly a wonderful solution!
  5. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

Lol it happens a lot with me I keep forgetting that the ROM I'm running has all these cool features, glad it worked out for you .
  6. I luv trolling

Now im really torn >_< Just a few mintues ago I was thinking about returning to stock but now I have a really good reason not to. Guess ill keep cm10 for now!
    Killah1994 likes this.
  7. saltire

saltire VIP Member VIP Member

Similar feature in AOKP ROM I'm running at the moment as well, got bit setup as a tile in toggle drop down to switch off when watching movies.
    I luv trolling likes this.
  8. I luv trolling

Its the same in paranoid android :)