• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root High CPU usage

vladrew

Lurker
Sep 16, 2012
Hey guys, just got my Huawei Ascend G300 a couple of days ago.
All was good until yesterday, when it got slow.
I installed OS Monitor and saw that RAM usage is ok, but the android system process uses too much CPU even when idle (30-70%), which also uses up the battery very quickly.
I tried to uninstall all the apps i had, as well as a hard reset with no improvement.
I also looked at the event logs with OS Monitor and I get quite a few ERRORS that I have no idea what they mean.
I rooted my phone to remove some bloat, but that didn't help either.

So if anyone has any idea about what I should do or can help me with those errors, please share you knowledge with me!

Thanks a lot.

I upgraded to ICS and yes it does work better, with much lower idle cpu usage. So thanks for that suggestion. However, it doesn't always run very smooth.

So one question. In developer tools, I enabled "Show CPU usage". What I don't really get is what the first line displays. There are 3 numbers separated by slashes. What do they mean?

Upvote 0
The "applications running" doesn't list everything running. If you go to "all" and select some stuff, you'll see that it's still got an option to force it to stop, even though it didn't show up in running. Stopping it removes the option.

When mine starts, all sorts of unwanted garbage is in that hidden but running state. Some of it comes back, some doesn't. Look thru the list of all aps and check 'em.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones