High end android device for T-Mobile USA

Last Updated:

1. phatcow

phatcow New Member This Topic's Starter

As most of you guys know, T-Mobile USA uses AWS 3g and that makes most GSM androids useless on the tmo network.

Im currently using a mytouch 3g slide, and although its nice, i feel like im missing out on the higher end devices on other networks, such as the DROID on Vz.

Im new to this android game, and comming from a blackberry, i absolutely need a hardware keyboard.

Im wondering if you guys know of any other devices with a hardware keyboard that will work on Tmobile?

my req are
    1) qwerty
    2) tmo 3g
    3) higher res screen
    4) faster processor

are those things too much to ask? :(

Advertisement
  2. SLAPHAPPY

SLAPHAPPY New Member

I used to think this, until I installed Swype on my Evo. If you can, try it. IMO, it's way better than a traditional keyboard on a phone.

3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

Swype would make me feel alot better about going all touch, butonly on a bigger screen then i have.

tho there IS something comforting about having a button to push... i will probably use physical keyboards as long as they are avail.

i was SO glad to see the epic 4g (sprint's Galaxy S unit) has a physical keyboard

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Same here though Swype isn't for everyone.

5. phatcow

phatcow New Member This Topic's Starter

I still need to learn swype to do it quickly however I think I will eant a physical keyboard eventually. It just takes too long to use it to type out a long word.
    It took me nearly 4 minutes to type all of this in swype. Yuck

6. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

there a rumor of a upcoming device with hardware keyboard with high end specs.. i its the htc vision.. there was a leaked road map from tmobile, they had it schedule for september

7. opticalshadow

opticalshadow Well-Known Member

sywpe would have been good if they would make a better keyboard, it was a pain for me to hit the right keys.

that said im really not sure one your keyboard phone, as i persoanlyl cannot stand physical keyboards.

8. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

In all honesty you're not missing out on much. Sure it doesn't have a 4 inch screen but the mytouch slide is a very snappy and very capable phone. It actually bests some of the high end phones in benchmarks.

9. The K-Zoo Kid

The K-Zoo Kid Well-Known Member

Get the T-Mobile Vibrant... It fits everything you want except for the qwerty. I imagine the swype on the nice 4 inch screen with be very easy to use. And the Super AMOLED screen looks amazing.