High End Android Showdown

Last Updated:

1. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Forum member Sammy V. posted this link in another thread, I feel that this link deserves its own thread and discussion. Good find Sammy!

Let's get started, here's the link, have a look: Benchmark showdown: High-end Android smartphones | ZDNet

It's remarkable how well the Vibrant/SGS stacks up against the other phones in the showdown. It's only going to get better from here with Froyo.

Advertisement
  2. melll

melll Well-Known Member

I hate hearing "omg how awesome is the Galaxy S when it gets froyo"

When it happens, yes it will be great, but remember how awesome it is how we might not get it until next year, of which by then people will be saying "omg how awesome is it gonna be when it gets 3.0" only to wait another year for that to happen or possibly never.

3. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Here is what gives me a red flag in that zdnet article:

"It

4. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, you "hate" hearing that... How about the current performance under Eclair?

5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

As long as scrolling is better, using apps see the improvement from JIT, I wouldnt worry about Quadrant. I have an X. Using .pdf.s is smoother, faster on 2.2. Scrolling in certain Settings used to stutter. Not anymore on 2.2

The wild card with the Galaxy S line is the reasons behind the lag fix/hack. Unless Samsung issues an official fix for the I/O issue, the general public wont know about it or do it. And those folks might not see much from 2.2. That Captivate clip on Engadget, he ran Quadrant and it took long at the I/O part of the test.

I have read somewhere that some tests favor certain cpu's. Hell, there is a gpu benchmark thats made by Qualcomm, the same folks that make the Snapdragon.

I do like how they shed even more light on the I/O part of the test and why the X is so high. And I didnt know that about HTC drivers, them being the only ones available in AOSP.