high pitched noiseSupport

1. pandan

pandan New Member

Has anyone else had a high pitched noise coming from there speaker? When the brightness is turned all the way up it's not noticeable. As soon as you turn it down, the whine gets louder.

Has anyone also had issues with support. I don't think they know what they are doing. Do they know if google or samsung supports the Nexus 10? What a joke.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I just tested this out and do not have this issue. I usually keep my brightness at only about 25% to conserve battery life.
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum pandan. :wavey:

I remember at least one other person here having that problem. I would exchange if you can. I've heard others also complain Google and Samsung don't seem to know who's responsible for repairing. If you bought it through Google, I think Google should be.
  4. atg284

atg284 Well-Known Member

Call google play and exchange that ASAP. If bought at Walmart or Staples, exchange or return before the 15 day window.

That should not be occurring
  5. ryegauvin

ryegauvin Member

HA! I do have this issue! I came here to post about it! And yes for some reason the brightness effects the whining noise. But mines coming from the back of the device, specifically from the flash bulb area. And its also heating up a lot, though I'm not sure if that's normal or not. Thanks guys!
  6. KSC7

KSC7 Member

I had this issue, but most noticeable with headphones. I returned it to Google and received a replacement that makes a similar noise only lower in pitch, but also has considerably more light bleed than my original. :dontknow: I still haven't decided what to do about it yet.
  7. atg284

atg284 Well-Known Member

I had two with bad light bleed that I could see during the day time let alone at night. I returned both for a refund. It's like a 1 in 20 shot of getting a 'perfect' one. I'm going to wait for the second iteration or something better in the near future.

I have a HP Touchpad with Android on it so that will do for now. If you don't have a backup I would probably refund through google then try at a brick and mortar store over and over again until you get a good one. I really think the quality control on the N10 is incredibly bad or nonexistent.