high pitched screeching sound

Last Updated:

1. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member Developer This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me with this problem. I have this problem where every few minutes, while doing anything that includes sound, whether it be watching a YouTube video or playing a game, I get this high pitched screeching sound, oddly enough though, it doesn't happen when I use the stock music app. It never did this before, the last changed I made to my phone was, supersu updated and this time I went the install through cwm route and install to /system
    , which I had never done before. Also, I installed the xposed framework and Google wallet patcher, which yes, it worked, but after doing all that, my phone started making that screeching sound. I would really like to fix the problem without having to wipe my phone our reinstall from backup.

Advertisement
  2. rickwired

rickwired Member

I am having the same issue. There is a high pitched chirping when using the external speaker. It's not a huge annoyance as mine only does it every so often and I don't use the external speaker much, but it's still an issue. Mine did it without any mods, so I don't think what you've done caused the problem.

On a side note, I couldn't get the Xposed mod for Google Wallet to work. Keeps giving me an error after I install. I really want Google Wallet too :(

3. donjuro

Try force quitting the wallet application and clearing the cache, after doing so, edit your build.prop to make it think your device is a galaxy nexus, after doing so and installing the xposed framework, activate the module and reboot your device, Google wallet should now work.
    And I think the chirp is a software level issue. I'm guessing with the kernel. I'm hoping this gets fixed soon. Thing is though, my device didn't always do this.

4. donjuro

I just tried plugging some earphones in, I still get that high pitched screeching sound.

5. donjuro

I know I'm kind of late on this, but I found out this phone freaks out when the build.prop is edited. Will, not necessarily edited, it's still safe to edit it, but for example, I had temporarily changed my device to a galaxy nexus and left it that way thinking it would be fine. I hope this helps anyone who might have this problem in the future.

humper9 and scary alien like this.
  6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hey guys,

I've moved you over to the all-things-root area for you.

Cheers!

7. humper9

humper9 New Member

Correct donjuro,
    I edited with build.prop so that my ZTE Vital/VM Supreme could be seen as a Galaxy S4 to install and use Milk Music. Milk installed and was usable but the buzz killed (pun intended) the playback. I set it back to ZTE, buzz went away.