High-res HTC_ime

Last Updated:

1. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

I just downloaded this earlier today. Really nice IMO... much more accurate than better keyboard or smart keyboard, in my experience.

Doesn't work for me in landscape mode right now though (seems to be that way for Droid users). Waiting for that fix and then it'll be solid.

Does anyone know where to find some good skins for this keyboard? I'm not experienced in tearing apart APKs and modifying the framework res or whatever is required to mod skins, but would really like to be able to find something that makes this mesh better with my theme. Preferably something dark or glossy. I've seen some keyboards with transparent backgrounds that I've really liked too, but I can't find any skins/modded versions of the 0.7 HTC_IME.

3. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

this keyboard is really a good one...like you guys said, landscape is a no go for me. If they could fix that i think i'd lose swype for this. feels so much more like i'm typing on an iphone than a droid.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I'll have to pass right now, as I use my DROID in landscape mode almost exclusively....

Thanks for the link, though, yet another page for me to keep a watch on :p

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

AFAIK there are no skins for this new HTC_IME, maybe in a few months we might see some. The biggest issue now is getting it to fully work on our Droid's.

6. spangler07

spangler07 Well-Known Member

I love the HTC keyboard. It looks nice, has great prediciton, blah blah blah.

But I've installed this, and while it looks great, it feels really slow. It definitely does not register key presses as quickly as the stock keyboard, which makes its multitouch feature less useful.

7. dancedreamfly

dancedreamfly Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying this over the stock keyboard. My only complaint is that it doesn't share the same user dictionary as the stock/Better Keyboard. However, every unrecognized word I type in gets saved anyway.

Same issue here, doesn't work in landscape mode but not a big deal since I only use portrait or landscape with physical keyboard.

I'm sure the devs will update soon, they seem to update often, went from V5 to V7 in around 2 days I think?

8. CRPercodani

The guys over at xda are beasts, unfortunately they are developing this for the Nexus 1 and not the Droid. While it still works it isn't being optimized for our phones.

9. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

does XDA seem to hate droids or is it just me?

10. sh0ebox

Found some skins. They're actually Morphs, but work great as long as you've got the keyboard installed in /system/app

[Morphs] HTC_IME High Res (nexus 1) skins! - xda-developers

Can't wait until more come out :)

11. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

skype is the best best keyboard, hands down, best

12. sh0ebox

swype, you mean?

skype is the VoIP chat protocol ;)

13. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

XDA is an HTC development community. They focus on HTC phones and anything else is icing on the cake.

14. joshi3joshi

joshi3joshi Active Member

i tested this out for a good half an hour and i have to say...
    this keyboard is AWESOME! while it doesnt work in landscape, typing on this basically enables the multitouch we've wanted to long on the stock android keyboard. it might LOOK slow when you are typing, but it registers everything. it feels like typing on an iphone or an ipod touch. response and accuracy is great!

15. CRPercodani

Actually they have recently opened their doors to other manufacturers, Toshiba, Acer and Samsung all have their own device forums now. I recommend EVERYONE go New Forums on XDA? - xda-developers here and vote for the Droid.

16. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Well-Known Member

This keyboard is why I almost don't have the Droid and was close to getting the Eris.. I'm loving it and can't wait for landscape mode..

17. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I don't mind the landscape not working because I can just slide out the keyboard, which I mostly do anyway in landscape, but I get touch input unexpectedly quit. Compared to the stock keyboard, the touch response seems to lag some to me.

18. OZFive

OZFive Well-Known Member

I am getting this one here too.

19. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Well-Known Member

I was all about it this morning but the swype keyboard has ruined me for typing on my droid...

20. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Seems that way doesn't it. 'cept they bill themselves as more than that, ie:

More on topic though, I actually dont like the HTC keyboard, it seems cluttered to me. Personally I like stock :) Couldn't get into Swype either. *shrug*

Cool that people have options to suit their preferences though. :)

21. clintiepoo

clintiepoo Well-Known Member

I really like swype, but this is better than the stock keyboard. Faster and easier to use, in my opinion.

Does it creep anybody out the warning "this application may capture any key you type...." when you install one of these? I know it's paranoia, but what if?? ... anyway, nice keyboard!

22. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

FYI

If you use the low resolution version 3 or 4 you can have a keyboard in landscape. It just will not cover the whole screen, but it works just as well as portrait.

23. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

This is awesome! Thanks man!

24. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

I like it, I use swype sometimes but I got tired of it missing some features.

25. VtotheZ

VtotheZ Well-Known Member

Me and a few others have voted a while ago, they keep adding lame brands to the list. For some reason they seem to hate on droids.

Keyboard works pretty good, I like the calibration tool it has, sounds are kinda annoying but you can turn them off. No landscape mode. Wtf?

Prolly due to lack of support for droids. All in all pretty cool keyboard IMO.