High Temp = Lower Battery Life?

Last Updated:

1. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well recently, its been getting REALLY hot here in New York. And with it, my battery temperature has been idling in the 30-35 range, higher in my pocket, and therefore its been at 40 constantly. I've done nothing today with it besides maybe 15 minutes of music via headphones total, and I'm getting like 17 hour battery life. I used to get this while spamming apps, playing around, browsing, etc. Does temperature increase battery use or is it time to switch ROMs (Petes 0.8 has been a battery drain on me).

Advertisement
  2. Scythe

Scythe Well-Known Member

If your phone's getting hot, you're probably just multi-tasking to the extreme. Doing a lot decreases a battery charge faster. The more you charge your battery the quicker it will die. With that said, heat does play a factor with batteries.

A change from hot to cold (and moisture) increases the chances of a dead cell. Most phones will auto-shutdown if the get to a point where it's hot enough to cause moisture (or the battery is about to blow a cell due to stress levels).

I'd say switch roms, or just burn out the battery and replace it when it's dead ;)

obutto likes this.