• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

High Temp = Lower Battery Life?

obutto

Android Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2009
Well recently, its been getting REALLY hot here in New York. And with it, my battery temperature has been idling in the 30-35 range, higher in my pocket, and therefore its been at 40 constantly. I've done nothing today with it besides maybe 15 minutes of music via headphones total, and I'm getting like 17 hour battery life. I used to get this while spamming apps, playing around, browsing, etc. Does temperature increase battery use or is it time to switch ROMs (Petes 0.8 has been a battery drain on me).

If your phone's getting hot, you're probably just multi-tasking to the extreme. Doing a lot decreases a battery charge faster. The more you charge your battery the quicker it will die. With that said, heat does play a factor with batteries.

A change from hot to cold (and moisture) increases the chances of a dead cell. Most phones will auto-shutdown if the get to a point where it's hot enough to cause moisture (or the battery is about to blow a cell due to stress levels).

I'd say switch roms, or just burn out the battery and replace it when it's dead ;)

Reactions: obutto
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones