1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

High Temperature WarningSupport

1. TBear6000

TBear6000 New Member

I have a brand new Samsung Exhibit II that I've had for exactly 24 hours. I went through all the set up last night and everything seemed to work great. Then tonight I had just turned the phone on. It couldn't have been on for more than 10-15 minutes when a message came on the screen warning me that my phone's temperature had gotten too hot. It was warm to the touch. I noticed that last night too, though this was the first time I've gotten that warning. Is that normal and what should I do about it? It's not like I left it in the car or someplace hot. It was just in my home which is at a normal, comfortable temperature.

Advertisement
  2. JaeWeb

JaeWeb Well-Known Member

Dunno. My cousin has this phone and uses it quite intensely (a lot of streaming) and has never mentioned it ever getting hot. I'll be picking it up in the next couple of days so I'll get back to you whether mine gets hot or not.

My Motorola Cliq used to get hot as did my LG Optimus V. My current Samsung Dart and Gravity Smart have not gotten hot on me.
  3. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

I've had the phone for about 3 weeks now, haven't had any problem like that.
  4. Baddude8

Baddude8 Member

You might have a defective phone. Mine doesn't do that.
  5. Purpletwink

Purpletwink Member

I have never gotten the message of it being to hot, but my exhibit 4g gets hot to the touch pretty easily. Iv always thought it was just that I had to many things going on in the background, so im constantly going to the task manager to shut some things down.
  6. simpler

simpler Member

I've had a Samsung Exhibit 2 4G for almost six months, and I've never had a problem like that. I'm with Baddude8 - your phone may be defective. Can you take it back to the place where you bought it?