• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Highest 4G LTE Speed

aYAcE.png

Upvote 0
Please excuse the re-opening of this old thread but it's pertinent to my question.

When I first got my S3 last year I could get download speeds of 20-30 Mbps. lately I've been lucky to get 5. I understand the network has started to get filled up. I'm just wondering if others are still getting good speeds or not.

The verizon rep says they advertise dl speeds of 2-5 Mbps so I guess I can't complain. It just makes me wonder if we are going to be back to where we were with 3g.

What do they plan to do when they move to using VOIP?

I'm in the metro Washington (DC) area.

Upvote 0
I just did a test in my office with my DNA and I got 5.84 download and 0.43 upload. I'm in a poor reception metal building where I get 1-2 bars inside. At home my most recent LTE result was 11.69 download with 8.80 upload on 4-5 bars reception. My home internet from Charter on wifi gave me 17.01 download and 4.90 upload for reference. My old 3G Inc would max out around 1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones