• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Highly Disappointed

I've only had to pay the $100 deductible one time, and it's when I dropped my first Pre the second day I had it and the screen completely cracked. I had 3 additional replacement's on the Pre after that and didn't pay for a single one. Before the Pre I had 3 replacement Centro's and prior to that 2 replacement Samsung A900 Blades. The difference between paying the deductible and not paying the deductible is physical damage. If you yourself, due to carelessness or otherwise have caused the problem you are having with your phone (dropped it/water damage etc), you pay the deductible, although if it is a KNOWN hardware issue, they may let it slide. You don't pay one if it is a manufacturer issue/software problem i.e. phone is really slow/shutting off randomly even with a brand new battery and full charge etc.

My point is, insurance is good for those of us who don't drop our phones :) I pay $7 a month and I've had 12 phones in 4 years, replacements and Evo included. Four years at $7/mo is $336, plus the single deductible I had to pay because of my own clumsiness is $446. So 12 phones, minus the the 4 original phones I paid for outright is 8 phones. Meaning I've paid $54.50 per replacement phone so to speak. Not too shabby.

Anyway, novel aside, good to hear you're getting it replaced for free. Honestly, I haven't even used the actual HTC charger, I've been using my Pre charger. I have hardware 003...

Upvote 0
So I had my Evo for about a week over one month now and I take amazing care of it, never dropped it once, have a great case on it, yet the usb port is broke which means I cannot charge my phone unless I play around with the charger for a long time and then keep the phone in that exact position. So immediate I call Sprint. The first customer care rep, after waiting about twenty minutes, gives me a different department number to call and says they handle it. The second rep does the same thing. The third rep (by this time I spent about an hour of waiting time on the phone) tells me that I have to call HTC and that they handle warranties. So I call HTC and wait another twenty minutes and the lady tells me that I have a one year warranty so I explain the problem that im having and she says that it will be covered, but I have to speak to a different department to handle it which is only open on monday through friday. So I spend three days of only using my phone very lightly to conserve battery to call on monday only to find out that the usb port being broken is "PHYSICAL DAMAGE".. are you serious ????? Ive had the phone for one month! that dosent happen after one month plus the fact that im extremly careful with phone.. so what their solution was that I send it in to HTC and they determine if it is in fact physical damage which he said it most likely is and then if it they will determine a repair cost which could be anything. and then if the repair cost is too much (more than the insurance cost) I have to pay 30 dollars just to get the phone back.. not to mention I would be without a phone for the rest of this week.. and yea I do have insurance, but I find it ridiculous that I should have to pay 150 dollars to replace a brand new phone that I know wasnt my fault that it broke

Its the charger not the port. All other chargers work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones