Highly recommend SKYFIRE browserGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hovercraftdriver25

hovercraftdriver25 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Posted this elsewhere, but thought I would put it here as well:

Skyfire IS awesome. It plays videos that the regular browser doesn't play And they look awesome. I played a full COPS episode and 24 for about 20 minutes. Sadly, it started a House video, but cut off after about 5 minutes. But it shows promise...I'm still checking it out, watching a Bones show now. BTW, the videos I watched were on the 3G mobile network, not WI-FI. Hopefully it will hook up and work with my SUV entertainment system via TV out.

So far:

Most FOX TV shows play
    CBS seems to be an infinite buffer/load screen
    NBC shows play fine, watching "Office" right now.
    Still exploring others

Overall, the browser itself is far superior to the stock browser, IMO. Pinch to zoom works, variety of settings, videos load in their own window. Pretty neat stuff.

There might be aspects others don't like, but as my first Android device(coming from Storm, lol), it is very cool.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

It does suck RAM though unfortunately.

3. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

I agree but its still beta lets hope that improves

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Oh I'm sure it will be better when it's out of beta, matter of fact for a beta it's still a great release.

5. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

outside of being able to play flash vids on sites I never use, it's inferior to the stock browser easily.

6. bryn987

bryn987 Well-Known Member

I didn't like it. Very rough looking and took up too much space with the menu bars.

I love the default browser though

7. plim

plim Well-Known Member

i agree, skyfire has some great additions (i like having the windows button available right on the screen by default, and the view by what brower type), but i've already found some bugs that made it semi-unusable: at times it will simply quit and not open again. also, if selecting desktop browser, it will try to open pop-ups (boston globe site is notorious for that). and lastly, sometimes the switch browser type won't work. i'll select desktop and it will still show the mobile site.

but when it goes gold, i'm definitely downloading it. in the meanwhile, color me simple: most of my websites i frequent actually work fine over the built-in browser.