1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Hipstamatic equivalent, or best configurable photo app?

Last Updated:

1. shaftofpower

shaftofpower Member This Topic's Starter

Looking for an app like this:

Hipstamatic iPhone App - Digital Photography Never Looked So Analog

I don't need all the eye candy for the app itself, but what's the most configurable camera effects app for android? I've been using FXCamera, but it's kind of limited and buggy.

Also, stuck on 1.5 with my wonderful Eris. (actually I love it, but like everybody, waiting on 2.1 is killing me)

Advertisement
  2. shaftofpower

So people are just using the default camera?

3. shaftofpower

Final bump?

4. It's too bad there hasn't been any suggestions on this thread... I've seen plenty of pics out of the Hipstamatic app from my sis' iPhone, and I really like the effect. I've tried like 2 different camera effects type apps, but neither of them have had a Hipstamatic-type option in them, unfortunately.

5. roblarosa

roblarosa New Member

Check out the app called "Vignette". It's fun and easy to use, and similar to the Hipstamatic.

6. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

+1 for Vignette. Lots of filters, including tilt-shift.

7. matthewdlyons

matthewdlyons New Member

You may also want to try Retro Camera or FxCamera

8. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

I was looking at vignette...is the only difference between the free and paid version the mp size? or am I missing something? I mean that alone is probably enough for me to upgrade, but I didn't know if I was missing other features.

9. matthewdlyons

matthewdlyons New Member

I believe so. Funny, I was just talking to a friend with a Nexus One about this app, and commenting that I need to stop being cheap and buy the full version so I can take pictures up to 8MP.

10. alison03

haha yeah, I hear ya. A friend of mine had been posting his hipstamatic pictures on facebook and I was totally jealous till I saw this app. I've been playing around with it for a bit and I love it. I just need to cough up the money to get the regular version too. I have a holga that I play around with sometimes but this just is a way better alternative to carrying that big bulky piece of plastic around all the time. I can see this quickly becoming a really fun thing to use in its place.

11. SteveJones

SteveJones Well-Known Member

+1 for Vignette for nice faded old style photos.

+1 for Camera ZOOM FX for most feature loaded camera - i.e. burstmode, stableshot, celebrity overlays, voice activation, etc. etc.

+1 for FXCamera as its cool effects and free :)

12. alison03

So I've been playing around with Vignette for a few days...I had taken a few really nice pictures of crawling kiddos and they were crisp and sharp.

I got an update this morning, installed, and now all my pictures seem blurry or at the very least, soft. I can't even take a picture of like a book or a cup without it being blurry. I have no idea if the update affected this or I did something inadvertently to the settings (I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything since yesterday).

I'm also worried if I uninstall/reinstall the program I'll lose the pictures I've saved...don't want to test it out and risk it.

So has this happened to anybody else? :)

13. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

Uninstalling shouldn't hurt your pics. Use a program like Astro to check where they're saved to and if you wanna be careful you can copy them to another directory.

I don't use my camera a whole lot honestly but I've had FxCamera installed for a while and it's pretty cool. The toy camera filter seems to be very close to what that hipstamatic does, and there is more than one filter on the free version.

14. alison03

oh cool! I think I might have noticed a difference in the mp before and after the update. has it always been 0.3 mp? or is that new? the reviews said 0.5 and I thought that's what mine was until the update. Maybe that's the difference in quality, or maybe not...I don't know if 0.2 mp would make a noticible difference.

15. goo82

goo82 New Member

Camera 360 has amazing effects as does little photo. Both are my go to cameras, both have multiple filters and camera 360 has a layering effect so you can put on on filter, then another filter on top it's great!