Hisense sero 7 lite problems connecting to wifi

1. Hello I have a sero 7 lite I'm having problems connecting to the Internet . It keeps saying obtaining IP address then to connecting then to saved secured with wep. Any idea how to fix this? The wifi at my work connects just fine to my sero..

Advertisement
    :
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Welcome! A few things to try: long press on the connection, select forget connection, then try setting it up again, and try restarting your router.
  3. insanelycool

insanelycool Well-Known Member Contributor

It sounds like the router isn't giving an ip address... my first suggestion would be to reboot the router. If that doesn't solve the issue, Check that DHCP is enabled, that mac address filtering is not on, and I would also suggest to you that you use WPA2 (AES) if possible as it is much more secure than WEP.

If all else fails you could try setting up a static IP address. The other suggestions I mentioned above are worth trying first though, as they seem to work for most people (including myself , I usually just have to reset the router, this happened with my work wifi recently - Routers and modems should be reset every so often anyways-).

If you need to reply back after looking into these suggestions, please feel free to register so that we can continue troubleshooting your problem futher in a more timely way! I hope I have been of help!
  4. Cracktower

Cracktower New Member

I m having the same problem, goes off when left alone/turns off/sleeps. When I turn it back on it sometimes takes a really long time to connect, sometimes I just leave it alone and it connects by itself. It's not my router, I have a Toshiba thrive/galaxy tab 3, 2 ipod touches and 2 iphones in the house that hasn't skipped a beat so I don't know what to do.