• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HISENSE SERO 7 PRO Newcomers

I am considering buying a Sero 7 Pro as my first tablet. I'm hoping someone with firsthand experience with a 7 Pro can answer a couple of basic ??s for me so I know if it will work for me or not. My main reason for getting a tablet is to become more productive professionally, though of course it would be for personal use as well. The main applications I would use the tablet for are field GIS-type work (i.e. Google Earth) and email. Here are my specific questions:
With Google Earth, can you import a Myplaces file from another source?
Does it handle large Myplaces files well?

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS MGRECZYN! :party:

To answer your question regarding GOOGLE EARTH/GIS-Type work,I'd say yes.I left my tablet @ work & won't be returning until Monday.If there is a specific task you'd like for me to try out,let me know & I'll post the results here Monday evening.

Another possible answer to your question would be if you have an ANDROID phone & can accomplish what you wish w/it,then replicating the results should be no problem w/this tablet,as it has a pretty decent processor,good graphic display/performance & GPS capabilities,even though such isn't listed on the HISENSE website.

Upvote 0
Cons:

The biggest problem I've noticed with this tablet is that the digitizer acts up sometimes when trying to use it while it's plugged into a wall-socket USB port. Not really sure what's the issue, but the touch sensitivity is way off at times with the USB plugged in.

Try using the USB cable that came with the tablet. And if the problem still occurs, charge it through it's own charger. It requires 2amps, and phone chargers and computer USB ports cannot supply that much amps.

Upvote 0
Hi all. I bought my first tablet today. I went to Staples to buy a Nexus 7 32GB they had listed at $169, but the guy behind the counter couldn't get the coupon code to give a discount from $199. From there I picked up the Hisense Sero 7 Pro.
Great screen! HDMI out is clear on my 22" LCD computer monitor. I had my neighbors Acer 7 inch for a week and HDMI out was fuzzy at best.
Dislikes:
Flash drive isn't recognized. Same adapter works with my neighbor's Acer and my Samsung Galaxy S3

Rooted before the first app was downloaded.
I'm quite happy with this tablet.

Reactions: dwalsherz and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Been quite pleased with my S7 Pro. N7 performance but for less $$ AND extra capabilities. Been playing RealRacing2(?) on my device and it runs near flawlessly and looks beautifully. Started out with a 1st gen ipad , then IPad 2, Samsung SIII and Asus Transformer Prime. My S7 has completely replaced my Prime as my daily use tablet. I use it daily for university classes paired with an iHome Bluetooth keyboard. (Anybody want to buy a Prime?)

I did also pick up a N7 keyboard folio case for testing. The tablet fits but extremely snugly. Also had to hole-punch cutouts for camera and ports. Works OK for now until someone makes one specifically for the S7. Reverted to my i-Blason case for now along with my iHome KB.
Cons: back cover creaks if pressed, sounds cheaper than the tablet really is and limited onboard storage. I don't want to root but would prefer apps to SD.
Other than that, I'm loving this tablet!

Rokr

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I've had mine for a little over 2 weeks and decided its a keeper. My other tab is a 10" Toshiba Thrive. The Pro has been rooted and just ordered a Poetic case, HDMI adapter to fit a STD cable, USB OTG cable and a couple of 64 GB cards.

Too OP#1, Snap Camera improves camera use ability.

My main concern is the 8 GB internal flash may limit. Tried FolderMount app but it doesn't work on all app data and, even those it 'pairs, not sure it really works (free one) as my used memory per settings/apps doesn't show reduction after mounting a folder. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I've had mine for a little over 2 weeks and decided its a keeper. My other tab is a 10" Toshiba Thrive. The Pro has been rooted and just ordered a Poetic case, HDMI adapter to fit a STD cable, USB OTG cable and a couple of 64 GB cards.

Too OP#1, Snap Camera improves camera use ability.

My main concern is the 8 GB internal flash may limit. Tried FolderMount app but it doesn't work on all app data and, even those it 'pairs, not sure it really works (free one) as my used memory per settings/apps doesn't show reduction after mounting a folder. Any suggestions?

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS pa_cap! :party:

You might want to take a look @ the ALL THINGS ROOT section of the SERO 7 PRO Forum:

Sero 7 Pro - All Things Root - Android Forums

One of the developers of a ROM for this tablet has posted in the ATR forum,perhaps he'll see your questions regarding FolderMount if you post there.

Upvote 0
Hi

New on here, first post.

Got my Sero 7 Pro yesterday and very impressed with it. Its fast, smooth and just works well. Had some wifi issues with it connecting to my wifi network but that seems ok now. I am in th UK and have the 32gb version. Great storage but a lot more expensive than the US model. Best price here is

Upvote 0
Hi

New on here, first post.

Got my Sero 7 Pro yesterday and very impressed with it. Its fast, smooth and just works well. I am in th UK and have the 32gb version. Great storage but a lot more expensive than the US model.

All the rooting info is for the US model the UK has a Model Number M470BSE so it has an E at the end not an A.

:):):)

If you indeed have 32 GB of internal storage, the UK model is a step up from what we have here in the U.S. & may be the reason for the pricing difference.

The U.S. version has 8 GB (roughly 5.5 GB usable) internal storage, w/an SD Card expandable memory to 32 GB. (Can actually accommodate a higher capacity, some here are using a re-partitioned 64 GB SD Card).

Upvote 0
From a couple posts I saw over on xda, the UK 32Gb version doesn't have a mSD slot.

Sam

Your post got me to thinking. (I know, that's dangerous.) Why would they go to all the bother of removing the card slot when all they had to do was install a larger memory. So I started looking around.

I found 2 different sites that were offering the Sero 7 32GB tablet for sale. Both of them listed the card slot as being on the machine. Then I found a YouTube video review, and they actually showed the slot as being there.

Upvote 0
Your post got me to thinking. (I know, that's dangerous.) Why would they go to all the bother of removing the card slot when all they had to do was install a larger memory. So I started looking around.

I found 2 different sites that were offering the Sero 7 32GB tablet for sale. Both of them listed the card slot as being on the machine. Then I found a YouTube video review, and they actually showed the slot as being there.

These ads/videos seem to be a bit off the mark. I think they're incorrectly stating the available SD slot capacity as internal memory. Sure, the card is stored within the tablet/slot, but, it doesn't qualify as internal storage.

I'll believe it when I see a screenshot. ;)

Upvote 0
What? You from Missouri??? ;)

Check this site, or maybe this one...

Then go look at the video I linked in the previous post. I don't think anything is being mis-stated. I think the problem is that the Hisense site doesn't state specifically that the card slot is there, so people are assuming that there isn't one. Hisense didn't mention the GPS for a while either, but that is included in the tablet also. :p

Upvote 0

Then go look at the video I linked in the previous post. I don't think anything is being mis-stated. I think the problem is that the Hisense site doesn't state specifically that the card slot is there, so people are assuming that there isn't one. Hisense didn't mention the GPS for a while either, but that is included in the tablet also. :p

Yes, it appears that the Sero 7 Pro is available in the UK with 32GB of flash memory and a micro SD slot.

So why is the US version limited to only 8GB? Will Hisense be releasing the 32GB version in the US? If I could buy the 32GB version for $150 I'd snap it up in an instant.

Upvote 0
I suspect that the 32GB Sero 7 will be carried by Wally World in the near future. I think that may be why the 8GB model is now selling for $129. Only time will tell, but I'm hopeful. (Remember, the Google Nexus 7 didn't have a 32GB model when it first came out either.)

I find that the 8GB model is sufficient for my needs. I will use it as a GPS in my car, among other things. I use NavFree, and it will store all the state maps I need in the external memory card, so that is perfect for me. :D

Upvote 0

I just sent an e-mail to the links you provided.

Hopefully,they'll be able to clarify/verify the 32GB specs.
This is one instance where I hope I'm wrong in suspecting the info was erroneous. :D

Upvote 0
I love my tablet. I am also happy because I got a 20.00 refund for buying it for 149 and then finding out it was reduced to 129. HOW can people buy those name brand tablets with less features and act so smug. I was telling someone about all that I have and a person with a samsung 2 said you don't need a back camera. oh well I am thrilled. It works with my magic jack and I love mighty text for texting with it thru my phone!!

Upvote 0
Great tablet for the money. I think it's better than the original Nexus 7, given the price and additional features. Would be great if we can get more developers to sign on. Can't imagine how they could tweak it and get even more out of it.

So far it has been running well, no major hiccups so far. It feels solid, been dropped a number of times and I must say it's not cheap like some other low end tablets. Only thing I would say is I wish the battery life was about 2hrs longer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones