Hissing when using audio effects?Support

Last Updated:

1. hawrai

hawrai Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All

I have noticed a hissing noise when I play any music/videos via any earphones, this happens when volume is below half way and audio effects is turned on. any solutions??

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. hawrai

Would be grateful if someone checked on theirs, so I can take it back if its just me...happens on podcasts, movies, music...low volume setting and choosing one of the pre defined surround settings.

3. goldengraham

goldengraham Member

Hi

I've also noticed some hiss (both through built-in speaker and wired headphones) when playing movies but haven't investigated yet.

I'll have a look into it tonight and let you know.

4. seattleboi1982

seattleboi1982 Member

do you have audio effects set up on the device? i originally thought it was either the headphones (tried 2) or the phone. I went into Applications -> Audio Effects ->Stereo Heat sets -> Set Audio Affect -> Normal.

5. hawrai

Yes happens only when audio effects is turned on and volume low. When AE set to normal, the hissing is not apparent.

I was going to take it back but after realising its the audio effects that causes it, my fear is it is an inherent problem and I just have to live with it.

6. seattleboi1982

seattleboi1982 Member

i turned audio affects off and it went away. it probably is how audio affects if configured.

7. goldengraham

goldengraham Member

After a bit of investigation I can also confirm enabling the audio effects (to anything other than 'normal') introduces the hiss/noise.

The hiss I'd initially noticed when watching movies is virtually non-existent when compared to when the audio effects are on, plus this same subtle hiss is also there when any audio is played, including the standard notification alarms etc. I must have very sensitive ears!!!