Hit and Miss of video playing with EVOSupport

Last Updated:

1. Flyboy28802

Flyboy28802 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, this is starting to irk me a bit. This has been happening more times then not, but when I download a video or try to play a youtube video sometimes it will play sometimes it won't giving me an error "unable to play video try again", however if I try the "try again" options sometimes it will play just fine? I don't get it.

So now I have a couple of questions, what is recommended media/video player that is a good substitude for the one the EVO provides? Also how do I make that the default video player?

I am running unrooted, the latest 2.2 update.

Thanks for any help or suggestions
    FB.

Advertisement
  2. mobetter03

mobetter03 New Member

I have the same issue, need help

3. Cracked

Cracked New Member

Never encountered this, I use doubletwist for all video playback. But you say it's also on youtube, since that's a seperate app from the regular video playback it sounds like it's not something app specific.

4. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

are you talking about when you view videos on the mobile youtube website? i've noticed that it really depeneds on the server at the time, if it says i can't play i tthe first time i just retry it again right away and it'll play.

for downloaded videos, i use RockPlayer for everything other than mp4s which i let the stock video player play.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

There's a few threads on this scattered about in the troubleshooting area...the best I can figure is it is network related as it isn't consistant at all.

6. *king*

*king* Active Member

Ive only seen the unable to play message while using the youtube app, going to youtube in the browser or when watching embeded videos from facebook, ebaums, ect they work fine.

7. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 Well-Known Member

Me too... :( I have posted a few helmet cam videos on youtube and the playback has been hit or miss with the same errors.