Hiya...

1. loopylola

loopylola New Member

Hi everyone
    haven't used this for a while but have a new question :)
    Bought a note 2 today and as soon as put my sim in it, it came up with a instant upgrade.... Is this normal as I'm abit worried about all these bugs I've been reading about that go onto your phone when u accept a upgrade
    Any help would be great thank u
    Laura xx

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello loopylola!
    That is not uncommon for that to happen.
    Some people have issues, while some do not. My opinion is, accept the update, and if it acts wonky, you can bring it back for a replacement.
    Otherwise, also in my opinion, just leave it and don't accept it, and read about what issues and resolutions others have had with updates. :)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. SirSpace

SirSpace Well-Known Member

Best bet back up all data on device update if it messes up phone you can always remove update and put data back on device like nothing happened.
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Do this please. Sometimes OTA updates can cause issues on the device, therefore, with a backup you will be safe to update and will be able to get all your stuff back if something goes wrong.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

As much as possible, if the update is available on PC (you need the Kies software on your PC for it), do it via that route.
  6. SirSpace

SirSpace Well-Known Member

How would that fix her problem with her device. Wouldn't it install it to computer and not device? If so then how would she know if update is going to mess with device. Just asking cause idk how that would work.
  7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

It will install to the device not the computer. Not to sound snarky, but how would an Android update install to a PC? Kies is just a software that handles the installation and download of the files. Generally, its better and safer to install via PC software mainly because it is able to shut down the entire device and replace the entire OS system image with the new update. Using OTA updates, it only replaces certain parts of the system files to get the new features. Usually OTA update sizes are way smaller than updates via PC route.