Hmm... Maybe the Sense UI is worth leaving on...

Last Updated:

1. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is from a review of the Incredible, but it is speaking of HTC Sense running on Android 2.1:

Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

more:

Advertisement
  2. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

I personally love the Sense UI! I highly recommend using it. Makes the phone look and feel "prettier". Haha

3. secretmethod70

secretmethod70 Well-Known Member

This isn't really new - reviews have praised Sense UI's widgets for months now - but there are downsides to Sense UI as well. With the improved homescreen UI and nice widgets come permanent changes to core apps which cannot be undone even if you turn Sense UI off. It's something that I'm willing to live with in exchange for the Evo, but the stock dialer, for example, is definitely superior to the HTC dialer. This review goes over some complaints about Sense UI (I don't agree with all, but most).

4. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

I've not used Sense UI or Android OS. I'm coming from webOS and never considered turning Sense UI off. It looks much better than stock Android OS, IMO.

5. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

the ONLY thing i like about the stock android/N1 like setup is the scrolling 3d app list. that thing is flat out amazing and gorgeous. i don't think that'll be enough though for me to turn off Sense....

6. Aaron91RS

Aaron91RS Well-Known Member

Wow to me that review reads like something the onion would write. Is that guy serious? OMG sense UI shows me pictures of the people I am talking to! How horrible is that! Lets go back to the DOS days where everything is black and white. Or even better just a basic green and black pong like interface will do.
    I hated the droid without sense, it's a joke ascetically compared to a patched webOS.
    I have to wonder how many people who like android without sense have actually used other phones like webOS, iphone, blackberry, windows mobile or Palm OS to be able to make comparisons or realize what's out there.
    I can say i've used everyone of those or at least played with everyone for a bit.
    I'm hoping SenseUI makes the phone at least tolerable and for all those screenshots in the review I'd pick the sense one everytime.
    The more I read the forums here the more I don't wonder if there aren't a lot of apple err android fanboys too that no matter what's better will pick android.

7. secretmethod70

secretmethod70 Well-Known Member

The review is a bit over the top, but there are some valid criticisms. The stock Android dialer does look much easier to use, for example. On the other hand, I'll take Sense UI's flaws with all the other improvements it brings. Seven screens and HTC's widgets alone are enough to draw me in.

8. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

SenseUI is one of the reasons I'm converting to Android.