• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hockey fans unite!!! {the All Things Hockey Thread}

it is so fitting for us LA KINGS fans that the one time our team wins the Cup, the following season gets cancelled and we never get to celebrate it. once the season does start( if it ever does this season), it will not be the same.

can we impeach Betteman? He has got to be the worst commisioner of any sport out there.

I feel for you. At least we, Boston Bruins, got to enjoy our Stanley Cup win. I agree with you, Bettman is the worst commissioner of any sport. Maybe David Stern should move to the NHL after his NBA duties are over in Feb. 2013.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I feel for you. At least we, Boston Bruins, got to enjoy our Stanley Cup win. I agree with you, Bettman is the worst commissioner of any sport. Maybe David Stern should move to the NHL after his NBA duties are over in Feb. 2013.

i used to think bud selig was the worst for baseball, but this !#%$$ easily wins the worst commissioner award easily.

i really hope that mediation will work. if it does not work and the PA plans to disassociate like the NBA's PA did i'm not sure the same results will happen. even if they do have a season, it will still never be the same. and those new fans of the LA KINGS have probably forgot about the team by now. so now hockey in LA is still 3rd or 4th fiddle to other sports.

Upvote 0
I'm glad they are not playing this season...the reason is, I work about 2 blocks from the arena and when they play, the parking is terrible for me at work. The fans get to park in our garage also.

well this stoppage not only hurts the players, the owners, or the fans, it hurts all the bussinesses that surround the arena. i'm sure where you work, your bosses are not happy right now with no hockey to help bring in people to the area. i'm sure they are doing ok, but i can tell you with the staples center, us hockey fans flood the area and most businesses do quite well.

you maybe glad for your parking space, but i do not think that for the overall economy it is not good to have this lockout.

Upvote 0
well this stoppage not only hurts the players, the owners, or the fans, it hurts all the bussinesses that surround the arena. i'm sure where you work, your bosses are not happy right now with no hockey to help bring in people to the area. i'm sure they are doing ok, but i can tell you with the staples center, us hockey fans flood the area and most businesses do quite well.

you maybe glad for your parking space, but i do not think that for the overall economy it is not good to have this lockout.
I do understand what you're saying also. But what did the buisness do before a hockey team came around? Sports doesn't have any effects on my job either, I work for an insurance company in the IT field. I'm not against it per say but I just don't like why employees have to wait in long lines to park to do my job. I start work at the same time the games start, 7pm!

Upvote 0
I do understand what you're saying also. But what did the buisness do before a hockey team came around? Sports doesn't have any effects on my job either, I work for an insurance company in the IT field. I'm not against it per say but I just don't like why employees have to wait in long lines to park to do my job. I start work at the same time the games start, 7pm!

ok i guess i understand now your issues with parking and such, but such is the life of working near an arena that hosts hockey among other activities.

are you a hockey fan? i am.......and i'm not happy with any of this:mad:

Upvote 0
There WILL be a season and I'm going to the next King's game.

I love your optimism!!!!!believe you me, if there is a season after all, i will be at the very first game to watch the unveiling of the stanley cup champion banner. i did not have the chance to be there for the parade and i told myself that i would be there for the 1st game for the banner raising........so i really hope you are right.

but i fell so let down by the league and gary betteman. this lockout has done a lot of damage to its popularity that i'm not sure how people will react to it. i guarantee you that if the kings did not win the cup, i would not have shown up at all for any of the games. a 48 game season is a joke!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones