hold down left click

Last Updated:

1. allwet

allwet New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 17, 2010
    My company recently bought Motorola Droid phones for us to remotely adjust the amount of irrigation water released from a reservoir. To do this from a PC we place the cursor over the appropriate button on the screen and hold down the left mouse button. I can't figure out what to do to accomplish this on my phone.
    I've downloaded the logmein ignition app and am able to remotely access the computer that controls the reservoir but can't hold down the button. Verizon is no help. They say there is probably an app for that but they don't know which one. Any suggestions

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    VNC server can be installed on SCADA station (VNC servers are paid for commercial use, but you can download and try it for free, see TightVNC: VNC-Compatible Free Remote Control Software or RealVNC - VNC remote control software ) , VNC client on Droid (there are many, see vnc | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games ).
    I have to point out, that VNC connection is not very secure (just password protected), so if the application is "secret" or "important", you have to secure it other way. Our company uses VNC to connect to powerplant SCADA stations, but first we have to connect to VPN and then to VNC, so its pretty secure.