Hold For Caps?

1. rjpear

rjpear Member

Coming from the Blackberry world I was wondering if someone (BK?) has made it possible to make the touch keyboard Make a Capital letter when holding down the Key..instead of the crazy character menu I get now... ?

Thx

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Just hit the shift "button" once for a single upper character letter. If I hold down the shift key for a moment it goes in to caps lock.

If using the real keyboard hit the left shift key twice then type for caps
    gmjlopez likes this.
  3. chefboyardee

chefboyardee Well-Known Member

you can also hold the shift key and type like on a normal keyboard if you dont need an actual caps "lock"
  4. mephano

mephano New Member

Guys, you are missing the point. He isn't asking about how to use the shift key or the cap lock function. The way the keyboard works by default in the Andriod is that if you hold down the letter, a menu pops up giving you options for foreign language variations of the letter, such as
  5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

You'd have to see if there's a keyboard app that offers this feature.
  6. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

While you are typing with the onscreen keyboard, just above the letters a bar shows up with suggestions. Just look and when you see the word tap the one you want and it will place it in the text box, as well as add a space behind the word you just typed and the bar brings up punctuation options, or just continue typing. Automatically cappitalizing "i" is in there as well, just hit the space bar after typing. Now all this is in the on screen keyboard, not the slide out. I guess they figgured that if you were going to use the physical keyboard you would want one that works like the one on your PC. This doesn't work in the search bar on the browser though, I guess so you can google "kdsa;au" and see what comes up.
    Course I haven't been stock in a long time so this might be particular to Handcent, but I'm pretty sure it was there in froyo.

Ok now I have to google that just to see.