Hold home button

Last Updated:

1. exclaymation

exclaymation Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my HTC Desire for about 2 months now and I have just accidentally learned that if you hold down the home button for about a second or 2, it brings up a neat little 'last used apps' screen. I am using LP so i don't know if it is part of Android or the launcher but I found this pretty neat.

Advertisement
  2. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe it's part of Android and I use it to keep access to a hidden app in the system called Testing which is initially started by opening the dialpad and typing *#*#4636#*#* which shows some detailed info about the phone. I use it to view detailed battery status and pressing the Home button down lets me access it without having to type out the code to start the app each time.
    :)

3. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

If you download Spare Parts from the market the detailed battery usage app is part of it.

4. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

If you have 2.2, hold down the magnifying glass button and a Voice Search pop up appears - I haven't tried it out to see what it searches, presumably everything?

5. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I didn't see that for a good while too.

6. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I never realised that if you press the magnifier it brings up google search and is much quicker than going into the browser :D

So many lovely little things this baby can do that all add up to make it amazing!