Hold my hand.....please?

1. Calvo1

Calvo1 Well-Known Member

Morning :thumbup:

Before I take this leap of faith, I'm hoping some of you wise men can help me out.

I want to try out the new Jelly Bean Ressurection Rom but would also like to have my Neat Rom V1.2 dual booted as a secondary. I have made a back up so am I right in thinking this is what I need to do? Please feel free to correct me...im kinda banking on it

Reboot into CWM
    Dual Boot options
    Transfer primary to secondary
    Wipe cache,dalvik,battery stats on primary
    Install RR from internal Sd
    Install Preferences in Aroma
    Untick Reboot
    Wipe cache, dalvik, battery stats
    Fix permissions
    Flash Siyah 3.5
    reboot

Before I do this is there anything i am missing? Would really appreciate some advice gents thank you

Calvo

Advertisement
  2. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member

I used the first "easy" method here. It worked perfect for me.

One other note, I had Siyah 3.5.2 flashed on NEAT prior to flashing a JB rom as my secondary, due to the fact that both roms will share a common kernel. Also the JB rom I flashed was CM, i would assume that it would work the same for Ressurection Rom.
  3. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

you just need to wipe dalvik and cache on 2nd rom before swapping it then follow your own instructions
  4. Calvo1

Calvo1 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot mate that link was really useful. How are you finding the JB rom? Do you use it as your daily driver?
  5. Calvo1

Calvo1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip much appreciated :thumbup:
  6. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member

So far I have only had it active for about a half of a day, but it seems fairly stable and relatively smooth so far. There are only two things I dont like about it so far. Issue one is the backlighting issue is still present. Like on many AOKP roms, so when you uncheck "enable backlighting" it shuts them off but when you wake the phone up from sleeping, there are back on even though the box is still unchecked. Issue two is that i can't remove the google search bar that is at the top of every screen. Maybe there is a way to get rid of it, but I haven't found it yet.

So I guess the only issues I have had so far are mainly cosmetic, but overall it seem like a pretty stable build for being as new at it is.