Holder instead of dock?General

Last Updated:

1. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I've been swearing I was going to get a dock for my DI but I think I've changed my mind. I think I'm going to simply get a versatile stand for it and use the ac adapter to charge it. The dock won't be available at launch & only in limited quantity when it does arrive. Since we know of no "auto dock" feature, I think some of the market apps for free will accomplish the same thing.

In fact, I'm leaning towards the Joby gorillamobile setup because I can use it on my night stand, take it with me, use it in the car wrapped around a cup holder, etc, wrap it over my leg while I'm using my BT external keyboard, or actually use it for taking photos with the phone as a tripod. What do you guys think? Are you sold on the dock or are you searching for other options as well. There's another decent, though somewhat overpriced stand over at amazon.com called iZel which was really tempting bit the flexibility (literally) of the GorillaMobile is winning out in my mind.

Just wanted to hear some other thoughts and perspectives so please, throw 'em out here!

Advertisement
  2. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

im thinking about carving a dock out of some pine, and mounting the plug inside it.

Or i could get that modeling plastic clay stuff that some use to make jewelery and make my own dock.

Im going to wrap my incredible in some syran wrap and mold it into the plastic clay. Plus im pretty bored.... ;)

3. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

NIIIIIIICE! That sounds really awesome! If I get tired of mounting the dock to the Gorillamobile, I might borrow that idea and make one for myself!!! LOVE IT! :D