Holiday

Last Updated:

1. silvo

silvo New Member This Topic's Starter

I am sure this may have been discussed before somewhere in this forum.

I am going on holiday to the USA in a couple of weeks. I have set my Desire for roaming, are there any other tips people can with?

Would I be as well stopping the internet, etc,etc. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Silvo

Advertisement
  2. Nathan Baxter

Nathan Baxter Active Member

I'd suggest seeing if you can get a US sim for it instead while you're there tbh. Seems to be the cheapest way of using a handset abroad.

3. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Not allowing roaming should stop any internet use but to be on the safe side you could also turn the internet off.

It depends what you want to use your phone for while away. If you don't want to make or receive calls or texts either then you could leave it in airplane mode. If you are anywhere with wifi available you can turn wifi back on while still in airplane mode.

If you do want to make or receive calls or texts than as above look into getting your phone unlocked (if not already) and get a local PAYG sim card.

4. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Unless you want a heft bill when you return from your holiday, I'd suggest disabling data roaming. ;)

5. sandozer

sandozer Well-Known Member

Do what I do, get a US sim card preloaded with $$ from the US via e-bay, and the jobs done. (phone needs to be unlocked). I do this every year I go over.

You will find loads of free wi-fi spots over there, most hotels, motels offer this as do pubs and restaurants. :)

6. silvo

silvo New Member This Topic's Starter

For taking the time to reply.

Silvo