• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HoloS 3.2.6 [ROM][WIP]8-7-12

Which program told you that? If it's kapersky, they have quite a few false negatives, which is why I stopped using it.

I think it was System Mech. Pro., I have been getting some false misaligned HDD messages from it. but the md5 was good so I flashed using the full wipe method and the time and date after bootup was correct for once.
Then a re boot later and it's back to needing the system time reset.

Maybe an unroot / re root will clear it up.

Otherwise this ROM looks and feels sweet.
Most all the right apps right there from the start.
TiBackup is great to have right there.

Upvote 0
OK, I screwed up. Thought I saw someone post that they successfully flashed this over BP with only wiping Dalvik and I didn't feel like reloading all my apps, etc. So, ya, I was being lazy. I installed the zip, rebooted and now it's stuck at the boot animation. Can't boot into Recovery. What have I done?

ummm im not sure. if you were able to get to recovery i would say do a complete wipe and start fresh. the first boot does take quite a while to boot up as well.

Upvote 0
What is "quite a while?" Maybe I just haven't waited long enough but I've let it sit for well over 5 minutes on the animation.

Mine probably took bout 5 mins. so you cant even button combo into recovery? only thing i can think of if ya cant is put your phone in download mode and flash stock firmware and start from there again.

Upvote 0
When I try volume up plus power it shows LG screen, then goes blank, then shuts back down. Never see Recovery. I can do volume down plus power and it gives factory hard reset option but not sure if I should go that route?

Thats the route you take. do power and vol down. hit power button twice i believe and it will take you to the cwm recovery on your phone

Upvote 0
Awesome... good call and thank you! Lesson learned. Reinstalling now....

Hope everything works out this time:D

EDIT

You should now be able to just wipe Dalvik to update to the next update i put out. Seeing as thats all i do now. but seeing as you waited till 3.0 was released to install. that could be why it didnt boot all the way. the person who wiped just dalvik before did it off my first build where there wasnt as much work done to it as there is in the 3.0. but like i said hope it works out for ya.

Upvote 0
It worked, however now having issues with setup. The OP says to hit the home button when the FC comes up but that didn't do anything. So I acknowledged the FC and it takes me back to first screen of setup. Then I hit home and just end up at a blank screen. I have the status bar at the top but that's it and no buttons work.

Hope everything works out this time:D

EDIT

You should now be able to just wipe Dalvik to update to the next update i put out. Seeing as thats all i do now. but seeing as you waited till 3.0 was released to install. that could be why it didnt boot all the way. the person who wiped just dalvik before did it off my first build where there wasnt as much work done to it as there is in the 3.0. but like i said hope it works out for ya.

Upvote 0
It worked, however now having issues with setup. The OP says to hit the home button when the FC comes up but that didn't do anything. So I acknowledged the FC and it takes me back to first screen of setup. Then I hit home and just end up at a blank screen. I have the status bar at the top but that's it and no buttons work.

reboot the phone and see if that works. to get the screen up. ive flashed every version i have made and i havent had any other problems then what i posted.

another thing you can do is push power button to shut screen off then hit it again and it will be back on.

EDIT:

3.1 Update will be up in bout 10 mins as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones