HoloS 3.2.6 [ROM][WIP]8-7-12

1. Staticaxe

Staticaxe Well-Known Member

Going to V2 first seemed to do the trick! D/L'ing 3.1 now... thanks!
  2. neckchop

neckchop Well-Known Member

I've been on 3.0 since last night. I was already on bp, so all i did was wipe cache and dalvik to avoid reinstalling everything. Initial boot took a while (maybe 5 minutes?) but so far so good. :)
  3. Staticaxe

Damn man, my phone just does NOT seem to like anything past 2.0. I got that working, but no matter what I do (full wipe or just Dalvik) it gets hung up on the set up wizard after the FC when I install 3.1. It just goes to a blank screen. I can see the status bar, I can lock and unlock the phone, the volume buttons work, but if I unlock it there is just a black screen and nothing is responsive. Crazy!!

I've rebooted, with and without going to Recovery, wiped Dalvik and not wiped Dalvik, and then it just hangs at the boot ani.
  4. brianmaedche

brianmaedche Well-Known Member

S
    Okay when you install v2 are you installing the 3.1 right after? I if so fallow these 1. Wipe dalvik, and cache, and data wipe. 2.install v2 and reboot, and go through setup process. The it will fc still but hit home key. That all should work. 3.reboot into recovery and just wipe dalvik.. 4. Install 3.1. And let it reboot. I its gonna take a Lil bit. This is what I have done and I have had others test and it worked for them
  5. Staticaxe

Thanks, I may give it a try later. Also wanted to mention I couldn't get Backup Assistant to work...
  6. brianmaedche

Backup assistant won't work I removed it from my rom. Use your Google account to back up your contacts
  7. brianmaedche

Another thing you could try if above install process doesn't work is. I flash Black Plague rom. Use then from there install mine by just wiping dalvik.
  8. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else getting such high ram commitments from Holo? I shit you not, this is NOT a photoshop and it's the highest I've seen yet:

[​IMG]

Ironically, this happened after about 8 hours of non-use.
  9. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

Holo is using 26MB here
  10. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I've NEVER seen it get that high, so I had to take a screenshot to prove it happened. I can't quite figure out why it ramps up so much ram, either... it's a small app and supposed to be streamlined, but it consistently hits ram levels no other alt-home apps do.
  11. steamer86

steamer86 Well-Known Member

Usage Update: Have been on V2 for a few days now, going to V3.1 here in a few.

Random reboots still occur. Heat seems to play a factor of course. They are however uncommon and just random. Still running @ 1.8 / SmartassV2 / BFQ. ROM is still by far the most stable one I have used, and not worth returning to stock over the few quirks. :smokingsomb:

Hmmm... Stuck on boot animation after update. Wonder if it has to do with font change... Reflashing 3.1.1 again.

Sticking with V2 for now.
  12. brianmaedche

Okay for everyone that was having problems installing 3.1.1 I have went back a fixed some stuff. Rom will install after a full wipe now. It will also work with flashing over previous builds by wiping dalvik.
  13. IMUcarmen

Amazing work so far Brian. I'm really enjoying your ROM.

Stay tuned guys Brian has big plans for this ROM and I think it's going to turn into something great. I've thrown about 100 ideas at him and I think he plans on using a few of them. I personally expect this to turn into a very nice ROM though I think he's already done a stellar job.
  14. Staticaxe

Giving it another go!

Edit: Working great now!
  15. steamer86

steamer86 Well-Known Member

Nice nice. Don't burn yourself out bud, but thanks for all the work. Will test after work.
  16. admiral ackpoux

admiral ackpoux Well-Known Member

just wanted to make sure about the new 3.2.5 update was going to put 2 on my phone but saw he was updating . With 3.2.5 do I need HoloS or can I just flash 3.2.5 like normal(running Plauged now). Just want to make sure before having to use backups and redownload and other things.
  17. brianmaedche

From BP just flash right over the top of it
  18. Dcaugust

Dcaugust Well-Known Member

Love this ROM! just wanted to mention that updon updating to 3.2.5, my call volume went down significantly. I went back to the 3.1 backup I made and it is better, so I don't know if it was just my phone or not. Also, the new dialer on 3.2.5 didn't show any numbers as you typed. It seems like the font is set to black and the background is black as well, so nothing would show up. Just wanted to give feedback. Even with these little things (which could just be my phone) this ROM is awesome!nice work!
  19. IMUcarmen

Brian is aware of font in the dialer and I'm sure is working on a fix.
  20. real0325

real0325 Well-Known Member

Don't forget zram

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
  21. vj950

vj950 Well-Known Member

Hi Brian,
    Thanks for a great ROM. Appears to run very smooth. I am having issues with "root access" for Titanium Backup, Astro, File explorer (and possibly other apps), but setCPU has no issues. I followed the instructions (including all wipes) in your post. Not sure what should I do. (I installed this over BlackPlague)
  22. IMUcarmen

I know you said setcpu is working but I would go ahead and run a root checker app from the market to make sure root is being detected. If the root checker fails to find root then rerun the AIO file and root again. I've had to do this before.

Also you may want to try a restart and see if those apps still dont find root. If they dont detect root then try uninstalling and reinstalling those apps.
    brianmaedche likes this.
  23. brianmaedche

@IMU thanks for watching over the forum throughout the day. :thumbup:
  24. brianmaedche

New Update.....mms is fully themed and has new screen animations
    IMUcarmen and cac2us like this.
  25. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

brianmaedche likes this.