Holy Bad Battery Life Batman!?!

Last Updated:

1. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wanted to see my battery life without bump charging... lets just say I will never do that again. Took it off the charger, checked one email, battery went down to 90%, I am now at 48% with 1hour since unplugged. 1 hour awake time. 2hours uptime. Also had to take my case off cause the battery was getting hot. All of this was with using SetCPU.

Advertisement
  2. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, I started using SetCPU as well today. I'm not happy with it, but I'm still new, so I'll keep trying to see what happens.

BTW this is with Virtuous 3.01

3. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

bump charging will not make that much difference...something else is not correct

4. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Actually it will.

It could easily add 45 minutes to an hour of usage. Considering how precious every minute/hour is with the battery on the phone I would say that is a big difference.

5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

actually it give you your final 10% charge so yes it can add some battery life. but he is at 48% after 1 hour from unplugged. you dont lose 50% of your battery in 1 hour cause you didnt 'bump charge'

these is something keeping your phone from sleeping i would guess since your awake time is half your uptime.

6. icrazy2u

I really think its SetCPU though. I only have a screen off profile. But when I uninstall SetCPU, battery life is better. On SetCPU, on the main page, should my scaling be on "ondemand". Thats what its on. Also running the adrynalyne kernel which is decent. I liked the Virtuous 2.7 custom kernel better though.

7. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

are you overclocking via setcpu or just using the sleep profile?

what does your battery use list say? that should give you a very good clue as to what's going on.

agreed that bump charging doesn't add enough to prevent the quick battery drain the op is getting.

8. icrazy2u

Sleep profile, Just the usual in battery list.