• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Holy crap, we're getting 2.2! wow

indeed we are my friend, indeed we are. you beat me to posting to the first thread! and about the hero, i really dont see why not considering the hero and the mytouch are the same phone internally, except the 1.2 version has a little more RAM. now i am just curious to see if we get the expresso UI. i dont see why we wouldnt, considering the mytouch slide already has it and is getting 2.2 as well. i just know that the sense would just come with the 2.2.

Upvote 0
I'm not hating guys. As a former mt3g owner I really hope it comes. Why you think I hang around here

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thats because you love us merf. Deep down your a MT3G v1.0 guy at heart. You really want to come back to the original side. LOL

BTW not going to hold my breath on that update. I have been hearing about it since I got the phone when it first came out and im referring to the Original (non 3.5 jack). Ill keep the wifes phone handy and see :p

Upvote 0
Thats because you love us merf. Deep down your a MT3G v1.0 guy at heart. You really want to come back to the original side. LOL

BTW not going to hold my breath on that update. I have been hearing about it since I got the phone when it first came out and im referring to the Original (non 3.5 jack). Ill keep the wifes phone handy and see :p

LMAO, yea i remeber hearing about a 2.0 update on Jan 3rd. lmao never happened. I took that as a sign

Question: I have rooted my MT3G and I'm running ROM HTCClay Superfast v1.3.3, will I be able to up-grade to 2.2 or do I have to return the phone to some other config?

Thank You

If Im not mistaken you have to re flash the original rom. Could be wrong

Just curious, will we get a notification when it's released or are we going to have to go on an epic search to find it?

You will get notified of an update on your phone. with the update symbol up at the top of your home screen

Upvote 0
Question: I have rooted my MT3G and I'm running ROM HTCClay Superfast v1.3.3, will I be able to up-grade to 2.2 or do I have to return the phone to some other config?

Thank You

Since your phone is rooted you will not get the automatic update from Tmobile for 2.2, however when that time comes there will be developers that create 2.2 roms for the Mytouch and then you can flash that to your phone.

Reactions: TexasPriest
Upvote 0
But... I've heard the rumor since November last year... I finally got sick of the same rumor and rooted last month.
I really don't know if 2.1 or 2.2 will run any faster than 1.6 stock rom. Having said that, I am thinking about going back to 1.6

2.2 will have JIT complier enabled so it will definitely run faster than 1.6 .... much faster.

Upvote 0
2.2 will have JIT complier enabled so it will definitely run faster than 1.6 .... much faster.

What makes you think having the JIT compiler would make MT3G run faster??? Having to load the code and compile while running the application would make the system run SLOWER.

I just don't see how you got the idea of "it will definitely run faster than 1.6"???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones