holy #$% I just rooted my phone!

Last Updated:

1. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That was the scariest 10 seconds of my life. All this reading about people rooting their devices, I just couldn't help myself even though I have no idea what I'm doing. I searched up Unversal androot, and even though it didn't list the Shine Plus and being a device that it worked with, one user commented that it worked on his LG Ally which wasn't listed either. Anyways I installed it, and it took about 10 seconds and said your device is rooted :)
    Now what am I going to do? Wait for someone to figure out how to overclock it I guess? Maybe download some apps that require root?

Advertisement
  2. TheSobadef

TheSobadef Active Member

Check out the other page for a custom rom

3. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

Start with Titanium Backup. It's a must :)

4. dsi

dsi Active Member

Totally agree!

And if you decide to flash the recovery menu you can make a full Nandroid backup of your system... ie. Operating system, apps and data. So if you screw up something you can always go back by restoring.

5. 350Rocket

Titanium backup was the first one I installed. It then informed me that it wasn't able to access root, and then figured out it needed a properly working busybox, which it then asked me if I wanted to download, so I did, and then it worked. After that I downloaded setcpu, which doesn't really allow me to do much of anything until I flash a customer kernel I guess, just like I already read somewhere.

I'm looking for an app that turns the led flash into a flashlight, I remember seeing one that required root.

6. 350Rocket

As per Titanium Backup I just found out I only have 19.6mb free of my internal 187mb. Is that a bad thing?