• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Holy Poop!

Well got my refurb today. Rooted immediately. Was a breeze for a first time root. But curse this damn phone it is having trouble with the track ball. So here is my question How can I go back to orginal 2.1 w/ sence to return it or how can I disable the track ball. What a bunch or crap. So happy with root. Not happy with automatically scrolling left. My last phone scrolled down on it's own.

Eris I loved you at first. Then you screwed up. I loved you again with root. Then you screwed up immediately.

Well got my refurb today. Rooted immediately. Was a breeze for a first time root. But curse this damn phone it is having trouble with the track ball. So here is my question How can I go back to orginal 2.1 w/ sence to return it or how can I disable the track ball. What a bunch or crap. So happy with root. Not happy with automatically scrolling left. My last phone scrolled down on it's own.

Eris I loved you at first. Then you screwed up. I loved you again with root. Then you screwed up immediately.

Don't know about disabling the trackball, but here's how to go back to stock 2.1:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/92096-verizons-ruu-official-2-1-droid-eris.html

Upvote 0
But curse this damn phone it is having trouble with the track ball.

My father was having a problem with his trackball scrolling on it's own but it seems to only happen when he has it connected to a computer, and sometimes one of his chargers he bought off ebay. He called support and they said it's something about where the actual usb connection is related to the trackball? No clue if any of that's true though.

Upvote 0
My father was having a problem with his trackball scrolling on it's own but it seems to only happen when he has it connected to a computer, and sometimes one of his chargers he bought off ebay. He called support and they said it's something about where the actual usb connection is related to the trackball? No clue if any of that's true though.

My only does it when connected to the charger also, Its weird but im guessing theres got to be something related between the two for it to happen.

Upvote 0
My only does it when connected to the charger also, Its weird but im guessing theres got to be something related between the two for it to happen.

It starts out that way, but it will end up not working period after awhile. From what I could tell when mine screwed up, they didn't insulate the trackball sensors (or the left one in particular) well enough from charging port and it causes it to short out when the charger is plugged in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones