HOLY S.... I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT THIS. please read

Last Updated:

1. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

do you all remember the samsung giveaway last year in november 2009? where samsung was giving away thousands of behold 2's every single hour of the day? i just thought about why they gave away so many bh2's, because of the fact that they knew they weren't gonna release a 2.x update for the device. so they decided to have a giveaway and just give us a phone that they just happen to create without caring about improving it. and although i was one of the lucky ones to receive a free behold 2, i was glad and just knew that it was a matter of time before the bh2 would get a 2.x update. i feel so digusted towards samsung for doing this. it was a very low down dirty dog thing of them to do. i hope they lose money and realize what they have done and how many people they have disappointed. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Just thought of that huh? Well many share that thought as it has been commented on several times in threads discussing the lack of updates/support for the behold2.

NowVoyager likes this.
  3. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Yea I won mine in the beholdgiveaway as well. I'm pretty sure Samsung knew this phone was a disaster from the get go

It was still a lot better than the original Behold that I had previously so I wasn't complaining.

4. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

I got my behold 2 because i had so many problems with my old handset (samsung T-749 highlight) that it had to be replaced that T-mobile "upgraded" me to this crappy a** phone so I got it for $10 pretty much.

5. behold_this

its a huge improvement over the highlight...you really shouldn't be complaining at all!! you didn't buy it it was given to you. i'm sorry to be a prick but get over it. a lot of us actually paid top dollar and have a right to be pissed. you didn't pick the phone you didn't buy the phone...YOU GOT A FREE UPGRADE! you should be happy.

6. mwl1119

No not really. My highlight never formatted its SD card by itself the screenlock always worked and did not require a $30 dollar data plan.

How is it I have no reason to complain but the ones that won one do?

Furthermore I was offered the Blackberry 9700 too but took the behold 2 instead because it seemed more tech advanced and was promised a 2.X update by the salesmen so i took it.

7. thegame3202

thegame3202 Well-Known Member

Everyone IMO has a right to complain. He may not have paid for it, but he still owns one. IMO it's worse for the people that paid top dollar for it, I think I paid around 300 or something with a contract extension.

8. behold_this

that is simple...THEY DON'T! as i have said before it is not illegal to promote a buggy phone, or give it away! it is illegal to deliberately mislead paying consumers.

9. mwl1119

I paid $170 to upgrade to the Highlight plus $20 for every time it was replaced (4 times) for shipping plus another $50 (with shipping) to upgrade to the Behold 2 less than 2 months later dumping the accesories I had for the highlight ($20 gel case and $15 car charger).

So in a span of 2 months I spent over $300. And I can't complain?

10. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

I would Complain, after all you came from a Lemon to another lemon lmao...
    either way only Time will tell..

11. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

This phone doesn't require a data plan... that is 100% optional.

12. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Yea but they force you in to one for the upgrade price.

13. mwl1119

The only way I could get the Behold 2 is to lock in the data plan for 2 years at $25 a month (grandfathered in) so that is $600 that I will pay for the outdated android over the next 2 years.