holy s#!t. my nexus is flyin!

Last Updated:

1. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i know that tmobile is working on expanding hspda area. it seems like today they have expanded to mine without letting anyone know. and it is crazy fast. i am getting speeds going over the 4000 kbs. with 3g i was getting in the 800 area. what i really like is that upload speed is around 1600 kbs. with my dsl at home and the 3g servise i was geting around 500. i think my dsl service is going to be going away soon thanks to my froyo and tethering.

fyi...i live in palm beach county, florida. i know that the miami and lauderdale area have this service. i have gone into that area and got around 2200 kbs. but i had to drive almost an hour to that area before i got it.

does anyone have any info on this expansion?

edit: just ran speedtest with tethering at speedtest.net on my computer. results 4.66 down and 1.37 up. second test got 5.64 down and 1.17 up. 3rd test 5.87 down and 1.15 up. thats faster than my dsl line. just did 4th test and got 6.04 down and 1.35 up. frikin amazing.

sorry for too much info.

Advertisement
  2. odhinn

odhinn Well-Known Member

Lucky. :)

I can hardly wait for them to roll out the high speed in the silicon valley. I'll may drop my DSL as well once that happens...

3. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Yeah 3G can be pretty impressive, I live in the UK where 3G access is pretty good, I've seen speeds similar to yours in urban environments, out here in the sticks I still get 1.1Mbits down and 0.8Mbits up, it wasn't that long ago that I couldn't get that download speed on my DSL line, and I still only get half that on DSL upload.

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

im in orlando florida and it has deployed here for a while.. i get those speeds consistanyly. awesome isnt it

5. atn_chargers

atn_chargers Well-Known Member

Still getting crap speeds on my N1 here in Albuquerque. :(

6. gracejourney

gracejourney Member

I'm in Metro Atlanta and where I work in Norcross my best speeds have been 6.88 download and 1.45 upload on the TM network. Results are using speedtest.net app on my N1.

7. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I'm in Los Angeles and I got a text from T-Mobile that HSPDA+ is now in my area. However, the speeds I get are about the same as always.. around 2.5 down and .6 up..

Am I missing something?