Home Alone? How to get back to homeSupport

Last Updated:

1. silverphl

silverphl New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a new Nexus One user, when I want to shut off the phone I have to use the back button to go through everything I've done for the phone to return to the home screen, if I don't the next time I turn it on, it will go to the last used screen. Is there a way to quickly get back to the home screen and deleting the others?

Thanks. PS I love the phone!!!

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Press the "home" button...

Sorry if there is more to your question I'm not getting.

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Are you talking about exiting an app by pressing the back button? You don't need to worry about an app not closing if you're going to go back to the app later in the day. This is how the Android OS multitask, when you move from one app to another, that app will become idle and wait for you to use it. This way, when you return to the task, it'll resume again. It uses less resources this way, and it loads the task again much faster. If you really hate it and don't want the task to be idle in the background. You can use a task killer app. There are a lot of threads that talk about it on AF. I personally won't recommend you using one.

This is a good read of task killer: http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-evo-4g/85554-task-killers-must-read-new-android-users.html