Home++ and 2.1

Last Updated:

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I'm having some problems once I flashed 2.1 on my Droid and installing Home++. Basically the only problem is that live wallpapers, which isn't a huge deal, aren't really working. Everytime I load one, it just goes back to the previous "still" wallpaper. I also get the live one at the lock screen, but not at the home screen. I had no problem using the live wallpapers with the stock home, but it seems like Home++ isn't meshing well. Anyone else with thoughts?
    (BTW, I used this: http://androidforums.com/how-tips/29204-how-root-install-droid-2-1-a.html to install the ROM)

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Home ++ doesn't support live wallpapers. And frankly, until 2.1 is optimized, live wallpapers dog the Droid down terribly.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member This Topic's Starter

That's what I figured. No problem, I wasn't all that interested in them anyway.

4. Rated_R

Rated_R Member

Not completely true. Go to his website and download the .15 version. In the settings disable workspace looping and wallpaper scrolling. You will then be able to use live wallpapers. If you update the app it will break this workaround. He is working on a new version that LWP works with, No clue on when it will release.

Home++ website

And on a side note. I notice no difference between using a static wallpaper and useing a Live wallpaper. No difference at all. I think it is in some peoples heads that it lags the phone.

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what you are doing with the phone. I noticed some lag on my phone when I was using "live" wall papers, but I have seen videos of other people's that were flawless. Those people were rooted and OC'd the phone. Mine is not.

6. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

+1
    LWP not worth it right now. Too many redraws. Without the work around, you are SOL.