Home++ and Dolphin bookmarks

Last Updated:

1. JayhawkZ

JayhawkZ Member This Topic's Starter

OK so I just got my Droid today and I love it. So far just having one issue. I can't get my bookmarks from Dolphin to load in the bookmarks shortcut. Yes I have the setting for it to do so checked. Is this a known issue or is it me?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The shortcut to a bookmark works a little differently with the Dolphin Browser. Typically, you can create a shortcut to a bookmark right from your desktop ... but that only looks with the stock browser's bookmarks. With Dolphin, you send a shortcut from the browser app itself.

- Open up Dolphin
    - Tap the + icon, to the right of the tabs row
    - Tap the star icon on the left to view your bookmarks
    - Long-press the bookmark you want to send to your desktop
    - Tap on "Add shortcut to Home"

Go back to your homescreen and long-press to drag the shortcut to wherever. If you want a shortcut on a certain screen, go to that screen first before creating the shortcut from Dolphin. Make sense?

3. JayhawkZ

JayhawkZ Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that tip, I hadn't figured that one out yet. What I am referring to is the list of bookmarks in the 'power strip.' It'll load the ones from the stock browser there, but for some reason is not loading the Dolphin ones.

4. Nissan1973

Nissan1973 Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. Subscribed!

5. JohnDa

JohnDa Well-Known Member

Same issue here...just a blank bookmark screen if I check the box marked "Use Dolphin bookmarks" with Home ++

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

OK, here's another possible solution. There is an app called Anycut, and for many on the Android forums, it is THEE must-have app. I believe it will act as the liaison that y'all need to accomplish your goal. It's a free app on the Market. Give it a shot and report back.

7. JohnDa

JohnDa Well-Known Member

Anycut only lets you put on shortcuts on the desktop. The droid already does that, only a little worse than anycut. We are looking for a way to change the Bookmarks in the Home++ Dock to list Dolphin bookmarks rather than those from the native browser.