• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home/Back button too sensitive

patilj

Jan 14, 2010
This drives me nuts. If I go to use the camera or am not careful in other apps, my hand touches one of these keys and I am exited from the app I was using. Is there any kind of skin to put on top of this until that would make these buttons available when I actually need to press them? Or is there some setting in the menus to disable them, or configure them?

The only work-arounds I've found to the sensitivity issue are to rewire how it is that I use my phone.

When the keyboard is open, I've noticed that the EVE is meant to be held with your left hand, and your right hand should be used to manoeuver the touch screen.

With the camera, I'm always inclined to treat any camera as though the lens were in the middle of the reverse side, however now I just cradle the camera with my palm under the majority of the back of the device, as the lens is all the way on the left of the camera, when held in landscape mode.

Whenever handing the device to a friend to show something, I always instruct them to hold it with their left hand. More often than not, they invariably take it with their right. Go figure.

Kurt

Upvote 0
the sensitivity should be adjustable in the software programming. Its just something that we are all going to have to tell LG about enough times that they fix it when we upgrade to 1.6 in the spring.
I don't really see how it could be adjusted in the software as there's no resistive touch to those buttons like there is on the screen itself.

Upvote 0
Perhaps they can disable it completely when apps like camera and games are running or when phone receiving a call (because if you touch RETURN pad it kicks you out of call and you can’t answer it). You can exit all these apps have with middle menu button,(camera has return button on screan) so I don’t see a great lost by deactivating HOME/RETURN.
Cheers

Upvote 0
I'm probably going to buy a skin, and cut it down to the bottom edge, to fit over that section of the phone, so I don't accidentally hit those buttons. Any suggestions or which accessories would make a good fit for that, which I could take the scissors to?

Maybe a strip of black electrical tape with three small holes (for each button) in it would work just as well?

#############
#o####o####o#
#############

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones