• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home++ Beta (Home replacement with so much potential)

I am still unable to find home++ in the market, can anyone confirm whether or not it is available in the European Android Market as i'm very interested to try this.

Cheers

It's still available for me {I'm from the UK}. Try scanning this barcode below with an app like "Barcode scanner" free off the Android Market and it should take you straight their :)

chart

Carl
xmassmile.gif

Upvote 0
Thank you for trying Carl but scanning the barcode returns no results in the Android Market for me (How frustrating!)

I have a Hero on T-Mobile, do you think that would cause any problems?

I can't see why you don't have it but yes it could simply be your phone??? :thinking: I would give it till tomorrow to see if it appears on your Market , If not You may want to contact the developer to see if they know anything {They could have disabled Hero owners from Downloading it because it's not compatible yet?} :)

Dev's Email: hpp@intuitit.mobi

Any other UK hero owners not being able to see home++ Beta?

Upvote 0
Cheers Carl, I've contacted them and they informed me that its only for 1.6 Android mobiles, Hero's are currently running 1.5. I will wait for the next upgrade =)

I'm on the HTC Magic from A1 (vodaphone) in Austria. I couldn't see it either, i searched for all the home replacements. This morning i got an upgrade, and i just found Home++. Just about to give it a go now! :D

Upvote 0
GDE is a completely different home replacement than the one discussed in this thread, but definitely worth checking out if you havent yet.

A search for Home++ yields 2 results the first of which being the app you are looking for. Or scan the barcode!

Home.png
Grandmaster B, forgive me if I come off as an idiot, but what is the black and white pattern in your signature that I keep seeing?

Upvote 0
So, after my Magic was upgraded to Android 1.6 yesterday by A1 in Austria, I downloaded Home++, and i agree that its really nice :). At this point i only need 4 screens, more would be overkill, since i only got the phone last week, and only have so many applications and widgets. I'm also using a folder for all my links at the moment. I like the powerbar at the bottom, it is much nicer. I agree with others that the ability to sort the apps drawer into labels or folders would be a nice next upgrade!!
It is the only home replacement I've tried so far, but the improvements from the standard Magic home are really nice. I have had a few moments where it has tried to Force Close, but if i click wait, it comes up without closing.
Nice App :)

Upvote 0
hello,

please excuse my ignorance but I have tried and tried to find Home++ in the market. No results so I searched for the apk. Fine, I emailed it to my self, opened the attachment and chose to install it using tAttachApkInstaller. It starts to install then it says "Home++ could not be installed on this phone."

I have the HTC Eris. Is this not a supported device?

I apologise if this was already covered. The thread is huge. Thanks!

Upvote 0
It seems that with the latest update I have lost my ability to long press on the favorite contacts button in the power strip and have it take me to contacts list. Now a long press just takes me to my favorite contacts just like a short press does. Can anyone else confirm this?

I never tried it before the update, but I can confirm that a long press on mine (with the latest version) still goes to favorite contacts, just like a short press does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones