Home Button AppearanceGeneral

1. xIdkwtS

xIdkwtS Well-Known Member

I really hate the look of the LG Spectrum and it is one of the main reasons I can't seem to stop the admiring the clean look of other phones. Mainly due to the silver 'box' around the home button. Since I see people found a workaround/fix for the Verizon Note 2 home button branding, I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows of anything that might be able to make this phone a little more attractive. Such as, a skin?

Advertisement
  2. Nokoko

Nokoko Well-Known Member

There's many, many icon packs to choose from, use a launcher like Nova and you can change how your phone looks every day if you want to.
  3. xIdkwtS

I mean the actual capacitive home button of the Spectrum :p
  4. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

pull the phone apart and paint it? The device really isn't difficult to disassemble.
  5. Nokoko

Nokoko Well-Known Member

Ah, had never really noticed it. This screen looks so much better than most of my friend's/family's, that's what everybody notices, not what the phone itself looks like...
  6. xIdkwtS

I was thinking of painting it but I was wondering if the paint would damage the phone in any way (it might be a stupid thing to worry about). I was also thinking of just painting the capacitive buttons and disabling them and then just using on screen buttons.

I remember when I first got this phone, I really disliked the look of the phone but was amazed by the screen. It's still gorgeous in my opinion, even now that we have devices such as the Droid DNA and N10.
  7. sosaudio1

sosaudio1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if you can get some car window tint film and slip it down in front of the buttons. That would temper down the chrome/silver button

Rich
  8. reeseboy

reeseboy Well-Known Member