• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Home Button Disabled

Okay, so this is messed up. After flashing several times (I think Titanium Backup restored an incompatible system data file) to CyanogenMod 6.1 after having the Gingerbread version (bugs such as unable to use data didn't go over well with me), my home button doesn't work!! I'm pretty sure it had been working when I was restoring my apps from Titanium, but when I rebooted my home button doesn't work!! I know its not the actual button's fault - it will turn the brightness back up if I click it when its dim. But it won't return to the home screen or bring up recently used apps. Anyone know a fix (besides flashing it again!! A Nandroid backup will probably backup the issue with it, and a clean wipe is the last thing I want to do)? Or possibly a system data file I need to reset (if you can even do that)? Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: It also appears that I have no lockscreen, despite my settings, and that the menu button is also capable of waking the device. This is obviously some settings glitch...

EDIT2: So I gave up and reflashed several times, and finally did a Nandroid back to CM7 (I figured out the data problem), so this is now a non-issue for me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones