Home button is having issuesSupport

1. BluBrett

BluBrett Active Member

My Galaxy S4 is working great, except the home button. When I press down on the left side, it makes a snap/popping noise. If I press it on and slide it side-to-side, up and down, the noise goes away for a short while, but then it comes back. Is anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The S4 home button is a bit different than many other devices' home buttons. It's a bit sensitive because of its functionality. One difference is that it's a shortcut to S-Voice (via two taps). I'd go into the S stuff in Application Manager and clear cache and data and reboot the phone to see if that remedies the issue.

If not, perhaps a factory data reset. If that doesn't fix it I'd be very surprised.. but next would be exchange at the store.

Maybe an S4 user here will chime in.
  3. Sierra255

Sierra255 Well-Known Member

Since the home button is a physical button, if it's making any odd noises, I'd be wondering if there isn't an issue with the phone that needs to be looked at.
  4. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

5. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Mine makes a satisfying soft click that is pretty much exactly the same no matter where on the button I press. I certainly cannot move it from side to side. Yours sounds broken and, if I were you, I would return it.
  6. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

i did, i have a new one now which is fine :)
  7. mauricioperu

mauricioperu New Member

I have the exact same problem. I went on a trip a few days ago and thought this clicking sound was caused by the airplane's pressurized cabin (something that happened to me before, with a different phone). I'm not sure if this is covered by the warranty though. The button works fine, but this snap/popping noise on the left side is driving me crazy. I bought the phone a month ago.

Did you get a new phone?
  8. kullberg7

kullberg7 New Member

i have the exact same problem (except right side). it drives me nuts. i would love to get a new phone and would like to know how anyone else went about it. i tried link above but no luck. must go thru samsung, or carrier?
  9. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

It's a button problem. Well, no really a "problem", just button finishing quality.
    I had the same issue with volume rocker, it would make clicking sound when pressed, or get stuck on volume down.

I went to service, they asked me to wait few days for replacement. So I took it back home, pull it out, file it with wife's nail filer, put it back in and it works better than stock.
    There was a tiny bit of extra plastic, barely noticeable, you had to touch it to feel the tiny bump. I suspect it's the same case with the home button.
  10. BluBrett

BluBrett Active Member

I ended up returning mine. Got an HTC One instead.
  11. bettsyboy99

bettsyboy99 New Member

Hi there , how exactly did you remove the home button? I returned mine but they said there wasn't a problem with it, but there clearly is .So I was thinking in taking it out to see for the problem Thanks
  12. I luv trolling

I luv trolling Well-Known Member

If it's too much trouble to get it exchanged why not try out some software key solutions? Button savior is a pretty nice one that you can configure to a pretty big extent, even setting a gesture to make the buttons come out rather than the nasty little trigger button. Does not require root on Android 4.1+